In addition to my message below, when I enter the UV command LIST.LOCKD I get
the following:

>LIST.LOCKS
Unable to get process lock semaphore.
[EACCES] Permission denied
Unable to get process lock semaphore.
[EACCES] Permission denied
[192.168.1.1: remote disconnect]

Marco Manyevere <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

I get the error message 'Unable to get process lock semaphore' in a complicated
application for which I have no source code.

1) What could be the cause of my problem? The only setup parameter I see linked
to process semaphores is PSEMNUM which is set to 64. Can I increase this? What
unix parameters are related if any?

2) How do I diagnose how many semaphores are actually being used? I'm on
Unixware and the system says SEMAPHORE.STATUS is not supported.

3) How can I intentionally cause this problem in my own code?

Thanks for any help.

Marco.