-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Aherne, John
Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2005 11:31
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: RE: [U2] uv pe

Ease of development? Very little support required? I have just started
to use UD, and development is horrific, it take 10 times longer to do
things that can be accomplished by a single line query in an RDBMS'. Our
system requires constant attention, more attention than even MS Sql
server on a bad week.

But the thing that annoys me most is the poor support from IBM. I cannot
get access to some of their tech docs because our UD license is held by
our VAR (Don't ask). What kind of policy is that? For any other DBMS I
can get access to vast amounts of information, and I don't even need to
have seen the software, nevermind have a license.

I looked forward to working with UD when I found out I would be
developing on it, I have never used an mvdbms before, and the concept
intrigued me. But so far, I do not see any benefit to using UD for
anything what-so-ever, and nothing IBM or our VAR has provided has even
hinted that UD, and UV are anything but an archaic relic of times gone
by, like COBOL. Why else would a company make it so difficult for
someone to learn about development on their software, if not because
they didn't really have any interest in supporting it, and believe that
you should have upgraded to more modern technology already?

Regards,
        John Aherne