-----Original Message-----
From: Marco Manyevere

I get the error message 'Unable to get process lock semaphore' in a
complicated application for which I have no source code.

1) What could be the cause of my problem? The only setup parameter I see
linked to process semaphores is PSEMNUM which is set to 64. Can I
increase this? What unix parameters are related if any?

2) How do I diagnose how many semaphores are actually being used? I'm on
Unixware and the system says SEMAPHORE.STATUS is not supported.

3) How can I intentionally cause this problem in my own code?

Thanks for any help.

Marco.