Leroy,

I am sorry, but that argument doe not hold water.  The client has
purchased, whether directly or indirectly, a U2 database product.  They
have full access to the system to do their own development if they desire.
They should be able to review any available knowledge-base.  I can not
think of any other database product or associated development tool that
does not have this.  It may not be a good one, but they don't wave
information in front of people then say you can't have it.  The client is
the one that ultimately paid for the license not the VAR.  If the VAR
wants to lock-down their client to prevent modifications that is their
responsibility.  I feel safe in saying this as I used to be a VAR working
for a company that marketed an ERP system on UV.

Perhaps IBM could work with this group to establish a generally available
knowledge-base within this community's web-space.

Rich Taylor | Senior Programmer/Analyst| VERTIS
250 W. Pratt Street | Baltimore, MD 21201
P 410.361.8688 | F 410.528.0319
[EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.vertisinc.com

Vertis is the premier provider of targeted advertising, media, and
marketing services that drive consumers to marketers more effectively.

"The more they complicate the plumbing
  the easier it is to stop up the drain"

- Montgomery Scott NCC-1701