"man signal" (may have to use "man 7 signal" should tell  you.

It looks like "SIGILL", for "illegal instruction"

Drew

Stevenson, Charles wrote:

I've found emperically kill -4 [pid]
*seems* to nicely kill uv pocesses, but I'm not sure why.
Sometimes I have to repeat the command several times before success.

I kinda assumed MASTER OFF must do a kill -4,  but have nothing to back
that up,  just that UV processes seem to disappear nicely, including
locks.

'man kill' doesn't even tell me what '4' is.  I knew once, but forgot.

fwiw,
cds