Ok then I'll leave that one alone.

Maybe you can shed some light on this situation.  I have a 'purge'
program that takes invoices in OM, OI (header and line item files),
writes them to OM.H, OI.H (history files), then deletes them from the
OM, OI.  When we were on DG/UX, this purge could run during the day and
it really wouldn't affect 'things' too much.  Now that we're on the
IBM/Linux box, it really can't be run during the day, because it seems
to be hogging up all the Universe resource and everyone comes to a
complete crawl.

The files are all Dynamic and pretty well overflowed.  I know this is
causing some of the grief (even though it didn't have the same effect on
the DG system).

What would you do to try to debug this situation ?

For example, there a points in this process when the users will get
processed, then everything seems to freeze, then it moves, then it
freezes...

I would love to know what Universe is doing during this 'freeze'.

Thanks

Anthony