I agree with Kevin's answer.  Also, it may depend on which U2
product/pick-like product you are using.

I always try to order the WITH statements so the one selecting the
fewest records is first.  However, I always place the fields with
translates last since I know that translates are much more expensive
than looking at data within the record.

Dick Kryka
Director of Applications
CCCS of Greater Denver, Inc.
Paragon Financial Services
303-632-2226
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi All,
        Does the order of criteria matter in a select or list statement,
or is the execution order arbitrary?

For example, if I wanted to select vendors who sell apples in Denver,
is "Select vendors with location='Denver' and products='Apples'"
the same as "Select vendors with products='Apples' and
location='Denver'"
Given that out of 300 vendors, 50 sell apples, and 100 are in denver,
and 15 of those in Denver sell apples.

If it does matter, should I put the criteria that is likely to return
the smallest result set first?

TIA,
        John