Make sure the remote machine has the uniobjects port enabled and there
are no firewalls between you and it that also block this port.  On an
HP-UX machine this is port 31438.  Have a look at the services file in
/etc and make sure this line is in there somewhere.

uvrpc           31438/tcp                       # uvNet rpc port