Personally I find well spaced and structured code easier to read.
Consider the following:

BEGIN CASE
        CASE V=5
                TOTAL = AMT*RATE
        CASE V=6
                TOTAL = AMT*RATE2
        CASE 1
                ERR = 14
END CASE

Is much better as:

Begin Case

        Case RateIndicator = 5
                TotalAmt = Amount * MainRate

        Case RateIndicator = 6
                TotaAmt = Amount * SecondaryRate

        Case ELSE
                ErrorCode = INVALID_RATE_ERROR_CODE

End Case

Obviously ELSE and INVALID... are equates.

Humans can read mixed case a great deal easier than all uppercase and
the spacing helps the logic. Sensible variable naming negates the need
for comments.

All above IMHO and how long will this thread survive before going to
community!!