This was what I needed. Since it was a test file, no worries...

 tx again,

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Alfke, Colin
Sent: Monday, April 11, 2005 10:44 AM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: RE: [U2] Unidata file corruption

Since you are in a testing account the first thing to try is a resize of
the file. It's quick and easy (unless it's a really big file) and
actually "fixes" a number of problems. Make sure no one accesses the
file during the resize - it will just make it worse.

I would then try running guide on the file (at the command prompt CD to
the directory where the file lives and GUIDE LF -O). If any errors exist
they will be in the GUIDE_ERRORS.LIS file. It will also create the
GUIDE_FIXUP.DAT file that you will need in the next step.

If errors still exist, run FIXFILE -dfixfile.txt -f. This will dump and
reload all of the groups it found with an error during the guide. You
may lose this record - you can try saving it to a temp file first (in AE
you can "SV 'temp.file' 'temp.id'".

Make sure you take a copy of the file before doing anything and make
sure no one accesses the file during these steps - just in case.

See the Administering UniData on Windows documentation for more help
with file corruption.

hth
Colin Alfke
Calgary, Canada

waive any related rights and obligations. Any distribution, use or copying of
this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an intended recipient
is unauthorized. If you received this e-mail in error, please advise me (by
return e-mail or otherwise) immediately.