As far as I know it's stored in the registry on WIN2K. Doesn't help with
the linefeed though.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Bob Woodward
Sent: 14 April 2005 23:21
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: RE: [U2] Logon Banner

Update: Still no joy.  I've tried everything that has been suggested and
the only one that "works" is the padding of the message on a single line
with lots of white space to simulate starting on the next line.  I
imagine there is a line length limit in doing this and this won't work
for a mixed environment where some users are 80 characters wide and
others are 132 wide.

Each change attempted, I stopped telnet service, saved the change, then
restarted telnet.  I then started a new telnet session through Dynamic
Connect and see the modifications, just not the desired results.

The \ commands are just displayed as normal characters and modifying
msg.text did not have any effect.

I guess I'm going to make a call to IBM.  Thanks everyone for your
suggestions and ideas.  I'll post what I end up with by going directly
to IBM on this.

BobW

The information contained in this email is strictly confidential and for the
use of the addressee only, unless otherwise indicated. If you are not the
intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose to others this
message or any attachment. Please also notify the sender by replying to this
email or by telephone +44 (0)20 7896 0011 and then delete the email and any
copies of it. Opinions, conclusions (etc.) that do not relate to the official
business of this company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by
it.  IG Markets Limited and IG Index Plc are authorised and regulated by the
Financial Services Authority and, in Australia, by the Australian Securities
and Investments Commission.