Senioritis has set in.  Yes Ken Simms.

Allen Bell wrote:

Who's Kevin?

Do you mean Ken Simms?
Roger Glenfield wrote:

Can't say for sure. I remember seeing it in one of the old programs that I had to work on in 1976/77.

So I'm guessing very early Basic. After all, as we all know. Kevin only wanted to get a football program running. So he probably didn't worry that much about data files.

Roger

Mark Johnson wrote:

How early Microdata. I have one client with November 1975 written source
code and it's the traditional
OPEN FILE1 TO F.FILE1 ELSE PRINT ELONGATED VERBOSE ERRORMESSAGE
OPEN FILE2 TO F.FILE2 ELSE PRINT ELONGATED VERBOSE ERRORMESSAGE
for their core programs, opening dozens of files.

Thanks.