From: Bruce Lunt [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2005 5:39 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] [UD 6.0] Address verificcation calls to the web

Hi All,

I have seen a bunch of postings on this list lately about linking Unidata
(and Universe) to the outside world but I am not sure if the answers that I
am looking for have been talked about, or not. So, finally, I am going to
ask the question.

We would like to subscribe to an address verification service on the web.
When an address is entered or changed on our system, we want to send a call
to a web-service. We do approx. 150,000 address entries per month. (Some
month's will be bigger than that and some month's will be less than that) We

have considered and rejected scrubbing our entire database of addresses. It
was thought that only the currently active addresses need to be corrected
and if an old customer decides to become active again, we'll verify them at
that time. The service that we think we're going to go with uses SOAP, if
that helps.

Has this type of interface been done already? If so, how did you do it? I
mean, can you make the calls directly from UniBasic or did you create a
flat-file and export it to Unix first? If you export it to Unix, did you use

Perl? Or some other tool? Also, this whole process needs to be pretty quick
since it is a Order-entry screen.

We would appreciate any help that you all can offer!

Thanks in advance,

R. Bruce Lunt
408.832.1900 cell
925.924.2132 office