Speaking of license issues...

Today wasn't the best of days for us and it all started somewhere
around midnight (EDT). We suspect what happened was sometime around
Mar. 27th, our former unix administrator was freeing up some physical
disk space and move our /usr/ud subdirectory (UDTHOME). As most of you
know, anytime this directory is moved, Unidata's license becomes--for
whatever reason--corrupted forcing it to have to be relicensed within
30 days or 'udt' will stop running. Well, that's what happened to us,
we think. We were fortunately able to recover by running 'confprod'
and relicensing/authorizing Unidata. Redback on the other hand,
different scenario and the guys at IBM who are reading this can
probably vouch that I had a rough morning and early afternoon. Not so
fortunate, the end resolution to our RedBack licensing issues was to
reinstall RedBack...oh, did I mention this all happened in our prod
environment!!

Ok, making a long story short, DO NOT move /usr/ud unless you
absolutely know that you must relicense and if you unix administrator
does this sort of thing to your U2 environment, slap his wrist.

(stepping off my soap box now)

Andy

P.S. Could we let this thread die now? ;-)