Thanks Colin.

That sounds like a good approach - creating windows verions of the unix commands
that is.

I might be able to pull that off without making a full time job of getting these
tools running on UV/Windows.

Unfortunately, I just discovered some code that tries to create temp files for
each user 'on-the-fly' using unix commands to delete, create and move these temp
files around so I'll have to sort all that stuff out and I just keep finding
more and more little "gotcha's" about trying to get this rig to fly on
UV/Windows but I'm gonna persist at it for a few days at least and see if I can
get it to run.

joe