Bruce,

Am I right in thinking that you are consuming a web service here? You say
the response is in XML.

If so, check out whether your version of UniData supports the newer SOAP
calling (SOAPCreateRequest etc) routines (I only have UniVerse here so I
can't check). These might be more simple/appropriate to use.

If you are accessing a web service, callHTTP is for HTTP requests, similar
to an HTML form post. It does not send XML. If you are not, ignore the rest
of this!

I had some problems with encoding when I tried to use callHTTP with some
services and in the end found it easier to just roll a very simple socket
based routine to send and strip out the required data from the SOAP packets
(this was before callSOAP was added). I wrote a short article on how to do
this for the U2UG with a simple example: if you like I can dig it out and
send it you off-list.

Brian