-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Womack, Adrian
Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2005 9:19 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] [UV] SETREM & REMOVE (bug in SETREM)

When we were still on PI/Open I'd always use "var = var" to reset a
REMOVE pointer to the beginning of a dynamic array.

REMOVE can also be used on elements of a dimensioned array, eg. REMOVE
var FROM arr(x) SETTING...

When we moved to UniVerse and the SETREM statement became available, I
started using it in preference to "var = var" as it is more obvious what
the code is trying to achieve.

BUT... using SETREM on an element in a dimensioned array does NOT work
(it leaves the pointer where it was). I guess this is a bug. (we're
running 10.0.19).

No more using SETREM for me!

DISCLAIMER:
Disclaimer.  This e-mail is private and confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient, please advise us by return e-mail immediately, and
delete the e-mail and any attachments without using or disclosing the
contents in any way. The views expressed in this e-mail are those of the
author, and do not represent those of this company unless this is
clearly indicated. You should scan this e-mail and any attachments for
viruses. This company accepts no liability for any direct or indirect
damage or loss resulting from the use of any attachments to this e-mail.