Peter Ivanick wrote:
Ok, we've tracked this down further -- the forms which are having trouble printing are using two subroutines my programmer's made (and used successfully in lots of OS scenarios excepting Linux) which 1) define a lot of printer control codes such as:

   ESC = CHAR(27)
   LANDS = ESC:"&l1O"
   PORTR = ESC:"&l0O"
   COURR = ESC:"(8U"  ;* & LINE PRINTER
   TMSRM = ESC:"(0U"  ;* & HELV BOLD
   XXXXM = ESC:"(10U"  ;*UNK
   HALFL = ESC:"="
   FFPRM = ESC:"Z"   ;** FORM FEED PROMPT

and 2) draw the boxes we were seeing, respectively.

Make sure that you hand the "-o raw" option to the lp command, otherwise the CUPS driver will mess with your escape sequences. The following driver script works fine for me on RedHat AS 3:

#!/bin/sh
cat - | sed -e "s/\$/`echo -en '\r'`/" | lp -d order_desk_laser -o raw

The "sed" command is there to convert LF to CR and prevent text stair-stepping. You may not need it.

-John
--
John Hester
System & Network Administrator