I know that are good as they are very powerful. My point is I cannot
deploy them, if developers cannot debug programs which happen to contain
writes to files which have a trigger on them. I also know they start an
implicit transaction. This in itself does not mean that you cannot use a
debugger as when I state an explicit transaction in BASIC this is not
the case.

Personally, I do not see the need to restrict a user from being able to
debug a trigger program, or indeed have an input statement, if there is
an interactive user on the end of it, if the developer wants to do such
a thing ;-). However as IBM is unlikely to change this, I would at the
very least hope to be able to use the debugger on a program which writes
to the file with the trigger on it, and for the write not to fail when
the write occurs with a message saying no input is allowed. Universe
should be able to determine that the code is a trigger and that
execution should continue until control returns to the program being
debugged.

I will try when I get a chance to see if I can set a break point after
the write to see if the program still fails on the write to the file
with the trigger on it. Although that is still not ideal...

Phil