Hi Dave

<<Could someone please answer this for me:
How can you pull data from a U2 file, via UniObjects, manipulate it in
VB.NET, and write it back to the file, via UniObjects, via stored
procedures, and without directly accessing the files from UniObjects?  I'm
just looking for basic general info, but if you happen to have code
snippets, too, that would be greatly appreciated.  I'm having trouble
envisioning how this works.

Thanks, in advance!
- Dave>>

A Stored Procedure is just a UniBasic Subroutine.  From UniObjects .Net you
would only get data from and write data to the database through the
subroutines (unirpc).  The subroutines would have the AUTHORIZE Statement.

You would not use the UniObjects File IO routines.

Ie UniBasic
SUBROUTINE TESTIO(METHOD,FILE,KEY,REC,ERROR)
AUTHORIZE "Administrator"

IF METHOD = "READ" THEN
OPEN '',FILE TO FV ELSE ....
READ REC FROM FV, KEY ELSE ....
RETURN
END

FROM VB.NET
Dim Subr = Uvo.CreateUniSubroutine("TESTIO", 5)
SUBR.SETARG(0,"READ")
SUBR.SETARG(1,"VOC")
SUBR.SETARG(2,"RELLEV")
SUBR.CALL
REC = SUBR.GETARG(3)

Hence you restrict all File IO through UniBasic Subroutines

Regards

David Jordan
Managing Consultant

DACONO Holdings Pty Ltd