> Try:
> >UNLOCK ALL
> to remove all locks.

No! No! No!!!!!

This command should never have been allowed. As another response said, this
clears all locks (record, file, group, etc) for all users.

It is highly likely to result in data integrity problems as processes find
themselves updating the same record simultaneously and, far worse, releasing
group locks can cause file corruption.

Whenever I come across a user who has had a backward link error, my first
question is "do you use UNLOCK ALL". If they say yes, they are on their own!

Always use the opions of UNLOCK to identify the exact lock you want to
clear. Even then, you need to think about the application level impact of
releasing a lock.

Martin Phillips
Ladybridge Systems
17b Coldstream Lane, Hardingstone, Northampton NN4 6DB
+44-(0)1604-709200