Hi.

Never used pgp with windows but it's just a port of gnupg right?

Sounds to me like you do not have your recipient's public key in your
keyring.  Do an gpg --list-keys and verify the recipient is indeed in
there?

On BSD I would typically do gpg --keyserver http://pgp.mit.edu
--recv-keys KeyID to import the keys

Then

$ gpg --armor --recipient 02618B14 --encrypt-file test.sh

When you shell out, are you shelling out as a different user that does
not have their pgp keyrings setup?

Just a thought.

-mb