Ed,

As what user does the phantom job run?
I'd look at that in conjunction with permissions on the share on the
remote server.

If you're running 10.0.x or 10.1, you can specify a userID/password on
the PHANTOM line.
IIRC, this is documented in the 10.0.x release notes, but nowhere else.
Sigh.

HTH

Mike

The information contained in this Internet Email message is intended
for the addressee only and may contain privileged information, but not
necessarily the official views or opinions of the New Zealand Defence Force.
If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, copy or
distribute this message or the information in it.

If you have received this message in error, please Email or telephone
the sender immediately.