Ken Wallis wrote:
Guys,

I know of at least one customer who does something like this between Linux
and Windows - I believe all users and passwords are managed via Windows and
when they log on to Linux the username and password are passed to Windows to
be checked.  I presume this isn't a Linux specific thing, but would love to
have that confirmed and also to hear from anyone using the same concept on
AIX so I know what is involved and if there are any extra products that have
to be licensed or installed to make it hang together.

We're using AD to authenticate users for UV on linux. The service that enables this is Winbind. It's part of the Samba package and runs on AIX and most other major *nixes. A quick google search with keywords "winbind aix" turned up a number of related links. This one might be of some help:

http://www.linuxaa.com/ftopic7496.html

-John
--
John Hester