Ultimo NSW 2007

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Norman Morgan
Sent: Thursday, 14 July 2005 4:52 AM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] SYSTEM(20)?

I may have asked this before, if so, I have forgotten the answer and
apologize for wasting your time.

We are (still) in the midst of converting from D3/AIX to UniData on AIX.  I
need to find a workaround for a D3 feature that I have become dependent on.
SYSTEM(20) returns the number of the last spooler entry you created.  I have
a semi-automated system for archiving selected reports to CD at the end of
the month that depends on this information.  How can I capture this info in
my Basic program to be able to write it to a log file.  We print reports
with either H to HS status (SB+ print controls), depending on whether we
even want a paper copy of the report.  A little standard routine in each
program grabs the SYSTEM(20) value and makes an entry in a log record.
Later we enter that info into a program that automates the copying of the
PEQS file entries to Unix and editing the printer control characters off
both ends of the report file, as well as changing the numeric item name to
something meaningful.  It all works pretty well, but it is absolutely
dependent on grabbing that SYSTEM(20) value.  The only alternative is
spending hours poking around in held reports in the SB+ print queue to find
each report to be archived.

Norman Morgan <> [EMAIL PROTECTED] <> http://www.brake.com