Ed,

Some time ago I tried to Copy and Paste a group of Universe accounts
(folders) from one location to another on the same  NT machine and it
failed.

I was informed that the Windows Copy command is not a reliable command for
moving Universe accounts, but that the DOS xcopy command is reliable.

So, we now use xcopy in a .bat file to do exactly what you want to do, and
we use it both within one machine and between two machines, but ---

We launch it using the Windows Task Scheduler, not from a phantom process
running in Universe.

I don't know if the DOS copy command is the same as the Windows Copy
command, as in Copy and Paste, or Drag and Drop, but if you're having any
trouble with the results of your DOS copy command, I would go back to using
xcopy in a .bat file and running it from the Task Scheduler.

hth,

Dave

Dave Taylor
President
Sysmark Information Systems, Inc.
49 Aspen Way
Rolling Hills Estates, CA 90274
800-SYSMARK (800-797-6275)
(O) 310-544-1974
(P) 800-339-1497
(F) 310-377-3550
Your Source for Integrated EDI Translation and DataSync Integration
www.sysmarkinfo.com