Interesting.  I added this to support something else entirely, but you
could actually use AT ACCOUNT like:

CREATE.INDEX MYFILE INDEXNAME AT /some/other/path

I know the documentation SAYS that you have to have an entry in
UV.ACCOUNT, but i implemented it to be pretty flexible.   As long as
/some/other/path resolves to a Type1  or Type19 directory you can do this.
  You REALLY do want a FULL path where your indexes exist, because if you
have remote connections that use the file, it has to resolve where indexes
are.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

Glenn M. Herbert - Connectivity Development  Engineer
Information Integration Solutions, IBM Software Group
50 Washington Street Westboro, MA 01581
 508-599-7281 direct

"Womack, Adrian" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
07/22/2005 04:31 AM
Please respond to
u2-users

<u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
cc

Subject
RE: [U2] [UV] Create Secondary Indices with Relative Paths in  file header

Craig,

Initially I thought - "wow, this is a good idea". But after trying it
out, I realise it entirely depends on the files existing in the same
account as you're accessing them.

The majority of our data files (and hence their indices) exist in other
directories (not necessarily accounts) - so the relative AK pointers
don't work.

It was a good idea though.

Adrian