From: "Norman, David (SAAS)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
Sent: Monday, August 01, 2005 8:05 AM
Subject: [U2] PCL Codes taking character positions [UV]

: Morning,
: I am having a problem with PCL codes taking character positions when
: spooling to &HOLD&.
: If I print direct to the printer (SETPTR mode 1) then PCL codes such as
: Bold/unbold do not take character positions and I can print 80 characters
on
: a line.
: If however I print to &HOLD& using mode 3, and then print the hold file
: using SPOOL, each character of each PCL code takes one position, so that
: each Bold/unbold sequence [Esc (s4B text Esc (s0B] takes 10 of the 80
: characters for the PCL codes. A couple of these sequences on one line
: reduces the available characters considerably, resulting in overflow onto
: the next line.
: My objective is to print immediately, and also keep a copy on &HOLD&. Is
: there a better way of doing this ?
:
: Thanks,
: ========================
: David Norman
: Senior Software Engineer
: SA Ambulance Service
: Box 3, GPO
: Adelaide, South Australia 5001
: *+61 8 8274 0384
: fax +61 8 8271 4844
: * [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
: -------
: u2-users mailing list
: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
: