From: "Rick Ward" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

We've recently started investigating the UniVerse java
interface. We're able to set up a connection, read
files, and execute simple commands, but I'm having a
problem getting on of my commands to run and return
any results.

I use UOJ extensively and would be glad to help, *but* I would suggest ditching UniCommand almost immediately in favor of UniSubroutine.

Invariably, you need to do more than one thing before returning a result. It's far better to make one call, have it do its thing, and then return one result (or more-- you have access to all the subroutine parameters).

What's the end goal here, to generate some XML from U2 and get it back to the Java program?

--
Wendy Smoak -------