Thanks Rob.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, August 26, 2005 8:30 AM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: RE: [U2] XML and Accuterm

I wrote on 25/08/2005 19:42:13:

> In my original post, I admitted to not actually using Accuterm.  I was
> basically saying that if Accuterm supported VBA then it should
definitely
> be possible to send and receive XML just as you could in VB.
>
> I've since been on the Accuterm site just to check what it can do.  It
> does seem to have the capability to use VB object libraries and here's a

> URL link to a page on their site which goes into a lot of detail:
>
> http://www.asent.com/email_white_paper.htm
>
> As for the actual code to send and receive XML, I will need to dig that
> out of an application and I'll post it tomorrow hopefully.

I promised some pointers to sending and receiving XML using a Windows
application such as Accuterm that supports VBA.  Here is a link to a page
on Microsoft's site that gives some ASP examples:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/xmlsdk/html/e5c17f89-0197-496c-9164-ce0bbbd8490f.asp

Where the code has:

var objSrvHTTP;
objSrvHTTP = Server.CreateObject ("Msxml2.ServerXMLHTTP.3.0");

the VB equivalent that you would use would be something like:

Dim oXMLServer As Object
Set oXMLServer = CreateObject("Msxml2.ServerXMLHTTP.3.0")

The last example on the page shows how to send and receive XML.

The syntax is visual basic so it is identical to using the UniObject
Libraries.

You need to be aware that if you go down this route then every Accuterm
client PC that requires the functionality would require the XML library
installing locally (or the DLL registered).  This is one of the reasons
why getting code to execute on the server is preferable.

In order to get hold of the library, go onto Micro$oft's site and do a
search for MSXML from the Download Centre.