-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Tony Gravagno
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 4:06 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: RE: [U2] Programs slowing down after many iterations

Yes David, you're right.  Note below that I did mention using flags for
this, and I do check for such things in code that's used across
accounts.
I was just trying to simplify the code and I swear I started itching as
soon as I tweaked that reference to check the file descriptor instead of
flag.  So much for trying to keep it simple.

Thanks for keeping me honest.  :)

David Wolverton wrote:
> But -- don't test if an open file pointer exists as this
> example would suggest if you are multi-account -- If you
> move from account to account, the open file **would**
> persist, but likely be wrong. We've seen that MANY a time
> where the report is giving data totally unrelated to the
> account we are in.
>
> Do as others have shown - add the account name into the
> variable list and confirm that the account name is
> assisgned AND matches the current account.
>
> David W.

[snip]
>...I recently accidentally made a change that
>didn't set "FirstTime" type flags...
[snip]
...to reset the FilesAreOpened flag...