-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Mark Johnson
Sent: Friday, September 02, 2005 11:35
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Re: [U2] Date ICONV In English

It isn't that ROFLOL, rather there are situations where human dates are
stored in text fields and can be dissected out.

I did have one client's app (circa 1974) that I still support today that I
converted the 991231 (YYMMDD) date fields to ICONV's. They had run from 1974
through 1997 when I got on board with half of their dates that way and the
rest as ICONV'd. But in 1999 it was justified to repair for obvious Y2K
reasons.

Mark Johnson.

The Y2K situation didn't produce a whole lot of revenue for me. Day 10,000
was more profitable although not record breaking either.