Hi Bruce -

SORT RMA BY F40 BREAK.ON F40 TOTAL EVAL"1" DET.DUP

Jim

--- Bruce Ordway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've got Dataflo running on Unidata 5.2.
> I know just enough TCL to be dangerous.
>
> Anyway I've been struggling this afternoon withg something I thought would
> be simple.
> Maybe you can help?
>
> I have a file called RMA with a field called Comment (F40).
>
> If I do this
>
> LIST RMA BY F40 F40
>
> I get something like this:
>
> RMA    F40
> 1234   1
> 2345   1
> 3456   1
> 4567   2
> 5678   2
> 1345   3
> 1456   3
>
> Now, what I'd like to see are totals of unique values in F40 i.e.
>
> 1 = 3
> 2 = 2
> 3 = 2
>
> Is it possible to do with just TCL?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bruce Ordway
> Viking Engineering
> 763-586-1228
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"...a livable wage is a moral value. Affordable health care is a moral value. A
decent education is a moral value. A common sense foreign policy is a moral
value. A healthy environment is a moral value. The feeling of community that
comes from full participation in our democracy is a moral value. It is a moral
value to make sure that we do not saddle our children and grandchildren with
our debt."

-Howard Dean