I installed the Personal Edition of UniData 6.1, and (I think) all of the
extra stuff (odbc, UniDK, UniTools...)

Then I went looking for UniObjects for Java. Wasn't it in /usr/unishared before? The notes on the Wiki say: "asjava.zip comes with any recent U2 distribution, and is usually found in /usr/unishared/uojsdk after installation. On Windows, I'm told you can find it in c:\ardent\unidk\uojsdk\lib."

So I went hunting for 'asjava' and found asjava.jar in c:\IBM\UniTools\XMLDBTool. (Finally, they realize that Java ARchives are supposed to have a .jar extension... the filename used to be asjava.zip.)

Does UOJ not "come with" the PE anymore? (I mean, that's the only file I need, but if I didn't *know* that, I'd be a bit lost at this point. I wouldn't have thought to look there. And asjava_p.jar is missing, in the event you need a proxy.) Or did I miss installing something?

And yes, I realize that complaining about free stuff is impolite, but I'm the one who spends time answering UOJ "Getting Started" questions, so I figure I'm entitled. :)

Thanks,
Wendy Smoak -------