You  are  100% correct and this is a known issue (to me anyways).  The
   cache is only flushed when exiting the account or when you return back
   to  TCL.   Unfortunately,  there is no direct way to call the internal
   transclear() function.

   From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]      On      Behalf     Of
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   Sent: Friday, October 07, 2005 11:22 AM
   To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
   Subject: RE: [U2] OPEN vs TRANS

   Our system has many accounts with, basically, the same file names,
   layouts, etc. We found a problem with using the translate rather than
   open/read in programs.
   If  a  program  logs  from account to account and accesses info with a
   trans,
   the  trans  doesn't always open and read the file in the new account's
   file,
   rather the trans retrieves the info from an earlier account.
   Am I right is supposing this phenomena is due to the file and record
   having  the  same  ID and logging to another account doesn't flush the
   cache?
   Thanks,
   Bruce
   Bruce M Neylon