Certainly the standard is applicable but only if the client is
concerned about the definition of "week" according to ISO 8601.  Some
might, some might not.  I was simply sharing some of the issues that
have come up in the projects I've had for calculating the week number,
of which I have had three projects for three different customers with
three different definitions, and the only standard that mattered in
any of these projects was the standard defined by the customer
according to their own business rules, of which zero were compliant
with anything but themselves.

-Kevin
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.PrecisOnline.com