-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kathy Tymoczko
Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2005 2:09 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] [UD] how to find records with a " in the data

We have a number of records with double-quote (") characters in one of
the
data fields.  We'd like to be able to select those records so we can fix
up
the data.  Is there any way to find these records with a SELECT
statement?  I've tried:

SELECT filename WITH fieldname LIKE '..."...'  which gives a "missing
quote" error

and

SELECT filename WITH fieldname LIKE ..."... which returns all the
records
in the file

ESEARCH does work, but we thought we should be able to do this somehow
with
SELECT.

Kathy Tymoczko
Information Technology Services
Wabash College, Crawfordsville, Indiana 47933
[EMAIL PROTECTED]     765-361-6440