Thanks Clif, for posting this. Very interesting. Too bad they aren't 'in
my town'... Oh, did you ask her if she has any good cookie recipes?

Karl

<quote who="Clifton Oliver">
> Posted on behalf of a non list member.
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> -----
>> This position will be a member of a small team of DBA's that assist
>> with providing effective development and production level database
>> technical support, and the strategic UniVerse database direction
>> for NM Direct, BGMS and EDW. In addition, this individual is
>> expected to facilitate and deliver enhancements to database
>> maintenance and monitoring, proactively identify and eliminate
>> causes of potential production disruptions, and successfully
>> complete Disaster Recovery and Cold Fail-Over activities.
>>
>> Candidates interested in this position should possess the following:
>>
>> Minimum 5 years of UniVerse Database Administration
>> Minimum 7 years of experience in IT/IS Environment
>> Expertise in UniVerse 9x or 10x Database performance tuning,
>> monitoring, troubleshooting and problem resolution
>> Experienced in Development and Production of UVBasic applications
>>
>> Expertise in creating and upgrading UniVerse databases
>> Familiarity with vi and shell scripting
>> In Depth knowledge of UniVerse databases backup and recovery
>> Experience in other Database (Oracle, MS-SQL Server, Informix,
>> Teradata, or Netezza) is a plus
>> Experience in IBM AIX Environment
>> Self motivated and multi-tasking individual that works well in a
>> small team environment
>> Available to cover responsibilities of a rotating 24 x 7 on-call shift
>> Available to work nights and weekends on short notice, as needs
>> require
>> Strong organizational and planning skills, attention to detail, and
>> follow-through
>> Strong analytical and problem solving skills
>> Strong interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
>> with a positive attitude
>> Excellent written and verbal skills and the ability to communicate
>> with business users
>> Ability to rapidly adapt to changing needs in a highly dynamic
>> environments
>> Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related field or
>> comparable business/technical experience
>>
>> If you have an interest in this position, please email
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] with your resume. Location is Las
>> Colinas/Irving/Dallas, Texas. We do not cover any relocation costs.
>> -----
>> FYI, this post is for a non-member, Melinda Fleming of Neiman
>> Marcus, and she is responsible for the content.

karl

 _/   _/ arl _/_/_/  _/ earson    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
IT Director, ATS Industrial Supply, Inc.
http://www.atsindustrial.com