-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Craig Bennett
Sent: 05 December 2005 01:11 AM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Re: [U2] [UV] - word Document

Hi Bjorn,
> We generate a 'text/word' document from Universe.
>
> What I would like to know is does anybody know what characters I need to
> place in the document so that when it is opened up in Word, it is in
> landscape format?

I don't think you will be able to do this from a text file -- word will
obey line breaks but no other formatting.

Have you had a look at the RTF format? It will work in any version of
word and will let you do what you want.

A file something like this should work:

{\rtf1\ansi\deff0 {\fonttbl {\f0 Times New Roman;}}
\paperw16834 \paperh11909
\margl1440 \margr1900 \margt1800 \margb1800
\landscape
\f0\fs20
Line 1 Page 1\line Line 2 Page 1\page
Line 1 Page 2\line Line 2 Page 2\page
Line 1 Page 3\line Line 2 Page 3
}

This is a three page file \line replaces CRLF and \page replaces page
feed characters. Word takes care of wrapping. When using landscape in
RTF, you need to specify paper size and margins (in this case A4).

If you wanted to use a fixed width font replace Times New Roman with
Courier.

This information was taken from some of our RTF generating programs, but
originally from the RTF Pocket Guide from O'Reilly.

HTH,

Craig