-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Gordon J
Glorfield
Sent: Friday, December 09, 2005 13:55
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: RE: [U2] SOX question (United States only, I believe)

That why we have triggers on our basic program files and on the voc.  If
you do copy something from dev to live, it will show up in the logs.  Then
your supervisor comes to you not in a very genial mood.  You then have to
end up doing the paperwork anyway.

Gordon J. Glorfield
Sr. Applications Developer
MAMSI (A UnitedHealth Company)
301-360-8839

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote on 12/09/2005 02:38:04 PM:

[snip]
> The thing that always cracks me up is that all one has to do in a
U2/PICK
> environment is to create q pointers to the main account from the test
> account.  You can look and even modify without having access to that
account
> unless it is locked down by logon at the OS level, which I have yet to
find
> and as a consultant I have worked on several 'sox compliant' boxes.

> You can even compile a program in the test account, and then copy that
> the main account via q pointers as long as you copy the voc pointer as
well.
> You have to be sure you get the right path for the object code, but
that's a
> piece of cake, and then the sox auditors would have absolutely no way of
> finding out who did what if you just delete the q pointers when you're
done.

> Not that I would do such a thing (because I get paid by the hour and the
> more complicated the procedure the longer it takes), but it is possible.

> fwiw,

> Allen E. Elwood www.tortillafc.com
[snip]