I suspect she is writing a CLIENT socket service that RUNS on the server --
one where I'm opening a socket to get data from another service - and as any
process could be doing the same, I'd just want the next available socket,
please....  So I think the request is valid -- remember - our 3GL could be a
consumer of someone's service...

DW