I tried a few things to arrive at this syntax for Pick
flavor:

CREATE.FILE DATA TEMP.JAG,TRAVAIL.KK 503,1,16

(Modulo,Separation,Type)

The problem I had was when I do: HELP CREATE.FILE at
the TCL level I only get examples for a different
flavor.  Those examples had spaces instead of commas.
I have the PDF files, but tend to use the HELP command
instead.

Still, it shouldn't have created files with a modulo
of 18.