-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Sirulnick, Steve
Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2006 2:53 PM
To: 'u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org'
Subject: RE: [U2] System Migration issues

Thank you for all your emails.  I will even get more specific so I don't
waste your time. When trying to run a REBUILD.DF, it could not read or find
the header. When I tried to remove the header and tried to DEFINE.DF, I got
a message saying that the partblocks were bad.  This is when I used the
fixtool utility on the first set of distributed files.  I was then able to
perform a DEFINE.DF and recreate my data.  This was the first set, however.
The second set of data is still running under fixtool but it has been
running for almost 13 hours on only one distributed file (I have 9 more to
go!).

Of course, this is a test in preparation for the live migration; however, I
will not have that kind of downtime when performing the migration.  If I can
do something better, I would like to know.

Many Thanks!
2ug.org/