George,

Mike is right - a Perl script can make the conversion easy and highly automated. However, I like to use TAB-delimited output to avoid the occasional messy situation when valid data contains commas or quotes. Write the program or paragraph such that it generates a text file and then shells to the Perl program to do the conversion.

ActiveState's Perl for Windows does have the "Spreadsheet::WriteExcel" and "Text::CSV" modules available.

Let me know if you want some samples to hack.

Kent