David & Ed:

Thank you.  The "SELECT TO BPLIST" (I couldn't get the SELECT TO 1 then the
READNEXT FROM 1 to compile) works fine as long as I assign BPLIST a value
before using it (another quirk with UniData).  :-)

I wish the "quirky things that don't work like PICK" would be listed
somewhere.  It'd sure save me a lot of time.  :-)

Thanks again,

Bill