> I keep deleting files from AIX, but when I run a df -k, the amount of
> free space seems to be decreasing as opposed to increasing.

Does your free space always decrease that quickly?

It sounds like you're deleting the files (with "rm"?) and the reason that
you're not getting the space back is that the files are in use by another
process .. Try the "df -d" command to see if there's deleted files pending ..
If you log them off, you'll get the space back .. So if the "person" that's got
the files opened is a phantom or daemon, you'd have to stop that process as
well ..

Before you do deletes, you should run the "fuser -f filename" (or "fuser -c
/filesystem") command to see if someone's using the file ..

If files AREN'T in use, you should get the space back immediately .. If they're
not in use, you'd be safe to resize them on the fly (if the resize is quick) ..

If you're on UDT, i've got a script that I use that uses fuser and then figures
out what UDT users are involved using "listuser" ..

HTH / chuck