Just to keep everyone posted.

We have finished testing a backup routine from www.Evault.com over the
internet. My concern was the restore, since UV has its own way of handling
files. But everything worked great. Here are some of the facts.

We are running an IBM RS6000 with AIX 4.3 and UV 9.6. EVault has an agent
that runs on AIX. They also support Windows, NT Server and Exchange.

We started the initial seed backup on Sat at 2:00am, after our tape backup,
by 10:30am Sat (8.5hours) the 6.7GB of our production account were copied
over to a server in Philadelphia (we are in California). Each subsequent day
only the block level file changes were backed up, which was 823MB and that
took about 1 hours and 15 minutes. The restore of the complete 6.7GB took 7+
hours to complete (Validating the 1GB per hour transmit speed on a T1 line).
I logged into the restore account and everything was normal.

There is a nice interface that allows you to schedule backups, include or
exclude directories(files) and show what is in current "storage" on EVault.
The windows interface interacts with the AIX EVault agent. And the restore
works just as slick. And it is available 24x7 from what ever PC you loaded
the interface.

So if anyone is looking to augment their disaster recovery backups, for us
this beats physical off-site tape storage (courier, media, schedule pickup
for restore.....etc...). And very reasonably priced.

Garry Smith
Dir. Info Systems
Charles McMurray Company
V# 559-292-5782   F# 559-346-6169