At 01:28 PM 1/23/2006, Paul Sohn wrote:
I couldn't see the "lock" with any of the commands I know (LIST.READU,
LIST.LOCKS, LIST.QUEUE) so I wondering how to find and/or clear it without a
shutdown.  I gave up and had planned on restarting over the weekend but I
forgot.  When I came in this morning the lock was gone anyway. *shrug*

It's not a lock that you know of or can easily see. It is done at the group level to guarantee consistency of the record read/write to/from disk. If you really want to be able to see them, there is a GLM tool that allows you to view the internal lock table. But I would not recommend anyone using this without some type of guidance.

I ran guide both Friday and Today and the file looked fine (although users
were on the system).  I plan on restarting tonight and checking guide again
just to be safe.

File corruption does not matter in this case. It is a corrupted lock table that is internal to UniData. It sounds like it may have cleared itself so the urgency is over but I would still recommend a restart at your earliest convenience.

Doug Miller   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Manager of Technical Services
Strategy 7 Dallas TX -------