Tom Dodds wrote:
> Does anyone know of a good set of tools for UniVerse that
> has integrated Contacts and Calendaring capabilities.  We
> would prefer the tools to be written in Basic with no
> need for outside routines.  We are running UV
> 10.1.17 on AIX 5.2.3

Tom, you'll have to describe for us what you really want in a Contacts and
Calendering tool - there are so many different ways to implement this
depending on the unique needs of a site.  Outside of Desqtop I doubt you'll
find a set of generic tools in BASIC for this unless you purchase an app
which has it included as one module of many.

(This applies to pretty much any "I'd like to connect U2 to ..." questions)
If you're open to creating a BASIC interface to outside code (probably
going to be a requirement) then there are plenty of Open Source CRM and
Calendar/Scheduling solutions out there, including OpenOffice.  You need to
research the API for the specific software, work out the interface with
Universe, and create a BASIC API to faciliate app calls.  Again, there is
no one-size-fits-all solution here because everyone wants something
different.  I'm guessing your solution will be to find something you like
outside of the MV space and then to work out the Universe integration.

There seems to be a newfound appreciation for integration of MV with MS
Office for these functions: I've been asked to work on two other projects
to integrate Microsoft Outlook (w/wo Exchange) with Universe.  Please have
a look at this page which describes a product no longer being offered:
http://removethisNebula-RnD.com/products/manager.htm  Rather than selling
this as a development tool I'm offering development services using some of
my tools plus custom code.  If it seems of interest we can talk.

HTH
Tony
TG@ removethisNebula-RnD.com