From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, February 03, 2006 1:55 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: RE: [U2] UV I-descriptor

Finally a question I can answer. Oh boy I am not a newbie anymore.

File1 dictionary item:

Field(TRANS("FILE2",FIELD(@ID,'*',2),9,'X'),VM,3)

so you TRANSLATE to FILE2 using the 2nd value in @ID to return the 9th
element and then the 3rd position value.

*****
Learning Universe for me as a newbie was challenging but the most
difficult
part of my job is trying to decipher the application design, since we
are
not provided with any technical documentation. Or our software vendor
just
does not have any good documentation and relies on a few "core" old
timers
to make changes and provide an oral history of the design. Questions
like
how is an AP Check disbursement tracked/indexed back to the Vendor
Invoice
go un-answered.  So we have a TEST account where we reverse engineer the
code.